The one (and only) purchase I made at Gen Beauty this year was this Luxie x Wonder Woman face brush kit. It was love at first sight for sure. Before the convention, I took a look at Luxie’s website and this brush set definitely caught my eye. After seeing the Wonder Woman movie in theaters, I have just been Wonder Woman obsessed. I want to grab some of the comics to really learn more about the lore.
Anyways, as mentioned in my Gen Beauty 2017 Toronto Recap, these were actually the only brushes that Luxie was selling. I guess it was lucky for me because I ended up taking it home!
Obviously one of the things that caught my eye was the packaging and design. They are just absolutely stunning brushes. They had a couple of testers available so you could feel and hold the brushes. The quality on these is just unreal. Each brush has the Wonder Woman logo on the chromatic red handle. The brushes have some nice weight to them which I love. The overall appearance of this kit is actually really nice too. It comes in a flip box with a window to view the brushes in the front.
The kit comes with 5 Luxie Face Brushes. The descriptions below of the brushes are from the website:
- 830 Flat Kabuki – The flat head of this brush makes it easy to apply your favorite complexion products onto your face with beauty and grace whether it is cream, liquid, or powder products.
- 832 Beauty Buffer – The round shape of this brush is perfect to fight against streaks and harsh lines and to ensure your face is blended with ease.
- 834 Angled Buffer – Enhance your contour using the angled head of this dense brush, emphasizing your strong cheekbones.
- 836 Tapered Kabuki – The tapered design of this dense brush allows for precision and product pigmentation resulting in a flawless application.
- 840 Fan Brush – A multi-purpose fan brush designed to gracefully sweep any powder products onto your face, whether you are highlighting, bronzing, setting, or sculpting.
You can tell how well made the brushes are just by their density. I love love love dense face brushes and this is what this kit delivers.
Another really cute touch from this set is the limited edition Wonder Woman compact included.
The compact is extremely solid (metal) with a push-cap open and closure. Definitely a compact I wouldn’t mind carrying around with me.
On the price. I paid $90 CAD (including taxes) for this kit. It seems expensive, but when you break it down by brush, that’s $18 per brush. My go-to Real Techniques brushes are around that price, so I thought it really was worth it. It’s a lot to spend at one time, but doing the math makes it a bit more bearable.
Also keep in mind that the shipping from the US Luxie website is a bit of a killer for Canadians. The duties, exchange rate etc. make $90 seem like a major steal. Even so, this is actually a discount price than what’s currently on the website ($122.34). I think I’ve pretty much made my case and I’m sticking to it!
All in all this kit is stunning. Absolutely beautiful, and it doesn’t hurt that I’ve been obsessing over Wonder Woman lately. I got a great deal (I think) at Gen Beauty so that also makes me love this set.
You can still get this kit on Luxie’s website for $122.34.
Thanks for reading! Have a great day!